Friday, May 18, 2018

Me Made May Week 2

What I Wore:

The weather was mostly chilly again. Also my selfies are generally terrible and embarrassing. Oh well, what can ya do?

Day 9: Me-made skirt and blouse


Day 10: Me-made wool skirt


Day 11: Me-made corduroy skirt and knitted scarf


Day 12: Me-made polka dot skirt and knitted scarf


Day 13: Me-made skirt and knitted sweater


Day 14: Me-made cotton skirt


Day 15: Me-made cotton skirt


Day 16: Me-made cotton printed eyelet skirt


This has felt like a Greatest Hits Of My Closet. There have been a few new-ish things but mostly it's old. I have only encountered a few I am really sick of or just don't like any more. That polka dot skirt from Day 12 just doesn't feel like me any more.

It's frustrating to have one's taste change. I spend all this time and energy putting together a nice wardrobe and then I get tired of it before it's worn out - it feels unfair!

Also, I know my warm-weather uniform tends to be cotton skirt + t-shirt, with cardigan as needed, but I'd love to shake it up a bit!

Getting Stuff Done:

I fell out of the habit of doing a log (it was probably interesting to no one but me anyway). But over the week, I put in many hours on my sweater, finishing the cap shaping on the first sleeve, finished some kid pants, and started a new modern dress for me!

Goals:

Well, I'm doing the easy part: wearing my me-mades and taking selfies! But spending more time making is not always happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment