Sunday, April 29, 2018

A New Dress!

UPDATE: I was never pleased with the fit of this dress, so I took it apart and tweaked it in summer 2019. 

I removed the green piping and replaced it with a bias tape facing. I scooped the armholes in a little to make them more comfy (esp nice for layering). I also scooped the neckline out to give it a rounder shape. And I took in the side seams a bit!



So much happier with it! I love it now!


Original post follows:

I've had this linen/cotton blend in my stash for a while and a few weeks ago I finished this dress out of it. 


I made it bit by bit over the past few weeks, an hour here and there. I used the same pattern from my green lace dress, with a few fit mods. 

The armholes came out a little small, which makes sense, because this pattern is for a dress with sleeves, I just left the sleeves off. Probably should've adjusted that. Oops. Next time!


Not entirely pleased with the back fit, it should be smoother. But I didn't want the dress too tight so it's acceptable.


I added pockets.


The neckline and armholes are finished with a piped binding.


I used two sizes of grey mother of pearl button, because that's what I had in the stash!


I mostly planned this for layering so when I was actually wearing it I thew on a bright cardigan.




If I was making this again:

More fitting tweaks, esp above bust and in back.
Cut the armholes in a bit in front.

Otherwise, I'm happy with it! It's cute and comfy and layers well. I think more jumper dresses are in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment