Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Me Made May 2018

This year, I am participating in Me Made May!


I plan to include a mix of modern and historical sewing in this challenge, since that's what's on my agenda right now. Of course, the wardrobe/style goals relate more to modern sewing, whereas the "sew every day" goals are for either!

My Me Made May 2018 Goals:

Wear:
  • Every day, wear at least one thing I have made, whether old or new. As many days as possible, wear 2+ me-made things.
  • Wear every me-made garment I have at least once (provided it is seasonally/modern/everyday appropriate).
  • When wearing repeat separates, mix up the combinations.
Make:
  • Sew or knit every day. On work days, an hour is enough. On days off, my goal is 3+ hours.
  • Finish at least 3 modern garments and 2 historical garments.
  • Try one new sewing technique.
Style:
  • Use my pinterest board to think about the styles I'm drawn to.
  • Try a few new style elements (especially the ones that feel scary!) and decide which ones I want to keep. I'm okay with styling me-mades together with boughten elements.
  • Think seasonally! Minnesota is a land of extreme variations.
Share:
  • Take daily outfit pictures, because I want to think about what I am wearing and whether it fits my style goals.
  • Blog post weekly to keep up with my progress.

You can find the info for Me Made May right here!

No comments:

Post a Comment