First I did some home sewing. We have been using the typewriter a lot so I have given it a place to sit semi-permanently.
I love the way it looks but it just gets so dusty, so it needs to be covered. The typewriter's original case is both ugly and decaying.
So I sewed a fabric one!
The outer layer has Decor-Bond interfacing fused to it for extra heavy boxy crispness. The lining is not interfaced.
The pattern took some trial and error. It ended up looking like this.
Then I made a tablecloth for my porch. I really can't say I made it when all I did was hem the edges of a big square, but here it is anyway because I like it!
Before: the table is naked and ugly!
After: Pretty! Plus fruit!
Then I made some skirts. 3 of them simply are elastic- or drawstring-gathered rectangles. Easy, fast, wearable, and gets that stash fabric out of the clutter pile and into the clothes closet!
This one has tiny bicycles!
This last one is made with gores and an invisible zipper. It's more of a quilting-weight cotton, so unlike the lawn skirts above, it would be bulky with an elastic waist.
It feels good to get a few fabrics out of the stash, but I have a long way to to!