Saturday, May 20, 2017

Historical Sew Monthly

This is my very late Historical Sew Monthly entry! This skirt is made of 3 rectangular panels of silk, shaped a little at the top to accommodate the bum pad.


 The Challenge: April: Circles, Squares & Rectangles – Many historical garments, and the costumes of many people around the world, use basic geometric shapes as their basis. In this challenge make a garment made entirely of squares, rectangles and circles.

 Material: Silk taffeta

 Pattern: Patterns of Fashion/made up Year: 1776-80

 Notions: cotton thread, cotton twill tape

 How historically accurate is it? I give it a 95% as its entirely handsewn

 Hours to complete: Six maybe? I don't use a timer.

 First worn: not yet

 Total cost: About $30

I have not been keeping up on the Historical Sew Monthly. I am realizing how much I hate deadlines. Having a deadline before an event is one thing, but these arbitrary HSM deadlines are not my cup of tea. It's too bad because I enjoy the idea of the challenge themes! So we'll see how many more challenges I end up doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment