Friday, February 3, 2017

Historical Sew Monthly 2017 Plans!

I am super excited to join in this year's Historical Sew Monthly! I have never participated before, and honestly I am very glad it's now Monthly instead of Fortnightly. Every two weeks is a bit daunting.

I have some ideas for the next few challenges. I am not necessarily taking "Sew" literally. For me, the challenges might include knitting, beadwork, fake hair creations, or anything else crafty that helps me in my historic dress up journey.

February: Re-Make, Re-Use, Re-Fashion – I would love to find a thrift store hat to reshape. Or possibly a thrifted garment to cut apart for salvage. I like being thrifty!

March: The Great Outdoors – My local group has been discussing a Victorian swim event for months. I'd like to finally make a swimming costume! And actually swim in it! (But not in March.)

April: Circles, Squares & Rectangles – I can definitely use another shift, but I will probably use this challenge for shifts and petticoats for my daughter.

After April, I really have no idea what I'll make! Of course I would love to dovetail every single challenge with dresses and events I already have going on. Each challenge is meant to be finished no more than 1 month before the challenge starts, so I have a little wiggle room if I want to complete a challenge for an event.

No comments:

Post a Comment